Purpose of Job (main objective):
Reporting into the Superintendent Management Accounting, the Management Accounting will provide strong accounting support in the control and management of costs for the site and assist in achieving the operations readiness plan for the management accounting discipline.
Main Responsibilities (what will they do, how will they do it, and for what purpose?):
- Responsible for the monitoring and control of costs within an assigned department.
- Implement budget and forecasting/planning tool.
- Liaise and develop strong, positive working relationships, with all the departmental Superintendents and Managers in Cobre Panama including participation in regular area cost reviews to control, report and reduce operational cost
- Participate in the preparation of budget analysis reports including variance analysis and identification of key cost drivers
- Provide assistance with the allocation of overhead expenditure
- Provide assistance with the valuation of stockpiles and work in progress
- Commit to the continuous improvement in management reporting and accounting methods to improve existing procedures.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs
- Engage with the FQM Way culture across the business – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”
- Act as deputy for colleagues as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Skill and Educational Requirements
Education (Level of schooling required)
- School Completion
- Degree Qualified
- Excellent modeling skills
- 10 + Years in management accounting role
- 5+ Years in mining role
- English and Spanish (not essential)
Behavioral traits (What behaviors must the person demonstrate?)
- Technical/professional Knowledge and Skills.
- Building strategic relationships
- Results driven.
- Proven success in planning and organizing
- Management qualities
- Sound/prooven leadership qualities
To apply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply thru the following link https://firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/es/First_Quantum_Careers/job/Colon/Accountant--Management_JR632