Barrick - Pueblo Viejo (PVDC) is searching for an experienced Operations Manager for our Tier 1 Gold mining operation in the Dominican Republic. Supporting the Executive General Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible to lead and manage all aspects related to the Open Pit mining as well as Process Plant operations.
- Ensure business production targets are achieved.
- Encourage ring support for the operation, creating a culture of on-going process improvement and increasing plant throughput.
- Provide direct management of the site operations including mining, processing, and maintenance.
- Ensures site strategies are concretely linked to the organization’s long term strategy.
- Develop and execute short and intermediate term strategies that support the growth of the operation.
- Support the EGM in the formulation of the annual operating and capital budgets for the mine consistent with the company’s established financial guidelines and business planning process.
- Lead by example in compliance with the rules, policies and procedures of PVDC.
- Create and implement personnel management strategies to achieve strong and experienced talent pipelines and future successors within the Operations area.
- Lead and promote the Barrick PVDC Culture and DNA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Metallurgical, Mining, Geological or Civil Engineering.
- Five to ten years of experience at a senior managerial level with general oversight of a complex mineral processing as well as open pit mining operation.
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites and in particular developing countries.
- Experience in the gold mining industry.
- Significant experience in the financial aspects of mining such as cost control, budgeting and return on investment.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team of mining professionals to achieve mining and business targets.
- High level of conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and implement strategies and improvements.
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.