At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach, which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
We are currently seeking a talented, experienced Disaster Recovery Specialist to join our ICT team. The position is performed initially in Panama City and or in the mine site.
Purpose of The Role
This position works closely with the ICT Superintendent and will provide support to the ICT section
for the planning and execution of the IT infrastructure disaster recovery measures.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the process plant control room.
- Plan, prepare, run as well as manage design and execution of Disaster Recovery
- Re assess Business Impact evaluation for new or changes in business functions
- Assist every aspect of Disaster Recovery functions
- Assist with developing further entire Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Manage and direct Disaster Recovery projects as per approval
- Perform to reduce Disaster Recovery pertinent audit findings
- Prepare and run all Disaster Recovery testing tasks
- Ensure plans of Disaster Recovery for entire site are executable and complete
- Develop all training material related to Disaster Recovery.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Implement FQM Way culture in the Control Room team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned by .
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Computer Science and related studies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience with Technical Infrastructure (Systems Engineering/Administration)
- Active Directory and Virtualization ( VMware). MS SCCM, MS SQL experience.
- Presentation skills. Online presentations, Tier 3 or higher technical support
- Solution Design and/or Solution Architecture skills
- International support or ability to speak fluently in English and Spanish
- Exposure to Cloud Platforms, preferably MS Azure and system migrations to Azure
- Experience with Cloud based DR solutions
- Experience working with integrators and Microsoft partners are also a plus
- Experience with DR/Business continuity planning, testing and execution
- Fluency in English is required and proficiency in Spanish highly regarded. A willingness to undertake language training desirable.
- Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together
- Technical professional knowledge and Skills.
- High work standards
- Team success
- Strength in cultural adaptability