Senior Geotechnical Engineer – Design
Barrick is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical team. The primary objectives of this role is accountability for geotechnical design at PVDC for all pit slopes, quarries, dumps and stockpiles and its integration with the mine plan. The role is accountable for managing risk through the use of effective control measures and the identification and realization of opportunities within the 3-month plan and LoM.
- Developing and routinely updating the geotechnical model (rock mass, minor structure, groundwater) to provide input into the mine plans (3MP, LoM).
- Develop and mentor a geotechnical design team to undertake data collection, analysis, model updates and to effectively assess slope stability using rudimentary and complex analysis methods.
- Routinely reconciling or validating design assumptions with actual ground condition information and slope performance.
- Ensuring all mining activities have been appropriately designed and that effective risk management control measures are in place (monitoring, operating practices, etc).
- Engaging mine planning, geology and operations in opportunity identification and realization activities including improving conformance to design, setting and achieving depressurization targets and optimizing final walls.
- Develop and update procedures associated with geotechnical design (data collection, model and analysis).
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Mining or Civil Engineering, required.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics, strongly preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience operating at a senior level in the area of geotechnical engineering in an operational setting for large open pit mines, required.
- Strong background in geotechnical risk management, slope monitoring, rock mass characterization, required.
- Experience in different commodities and geological settings, strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and ability to influence, required.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills in Spanish and English, required.
- High ethical standards and integrity, required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing a geotechnical engineering team, strongly preferred.
- Experience with 3D slope stability analysis, preferred.
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.