Mechanical Maintenance Advisor - POX
Barrick is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Advisor to join the POX team at Fixed Plant Maintenance area. This role will be directly involved in mentoring, knowledge transfer and development of skills sets to National Technicians in proactive maintenance application, asset and processes inspections and QAQC of assets of Pressure Oxidation process (Autoclaves).
Promote a safe, efficient, and effective working culture environment focused on continuous improvement and track record achievement of process maintenance department.
- Work closely with the General Supervisor, Supervisors and Technicians in ensuring safety and environmental compliance of the maintenance processes in POX is a must. Conduct Plant audits, record finding and drive actions to sustainable close findings.
- Improve life cycle costing, asset reliability, safety compliance at POX by identification and implementation of improvement opportunities through benchmarking with past maintenance experiences and own technical knowledge of Autoclaves maintenance, promote and development of a culture excellence performance of maintenance organization.
- Increase technical knowledge of the maintenance team by creation, updating, field validation of POX site-specific SOP; develop training packages for national maintenance technicians. Contribute to raise the skills set of national technicians by actively transferring knowledge, providing on-the-job training, mentoring, and assessing training needs for nationals in coordination with Supervisors and the Employee Development Center department.
- Work closely to support maintenance planning, work scheduling and job execution coordination for POX always ensuring delivering a high-level standard of work execution quality, job efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop, implement, and manage a quality control and quality assurance program for key components and systems at POX process.
- Completion of a certified Technical Trade and/or Professional program in Mechanical.
- Assessor and Leadership qualifications would be highly regarded
- Technical Background / Trade certificate with current Mechanical License, preferred.
- Sound Knowledge of Liquid Oxygen Generation Plant is a plus.
- Strong desire to lead the industry in safety and environmental practices.
- Strong Leadership capabilities, acting with integrity and excellence.
- 15+ years of experience in Autoclave maintenance with 8+ years in a senior, lead or supervisory role, with demonstrated experience in personal development.
- Sense of Responsibility, Accountability and Commitment for continuous improvement.
- Pro-activity, sense of urgency and the innovation to get the full potential from our assets.
- Persistence and Flexibility
- Fluent in reading, writing, reading and interrupting in English language, required
- Fluent in reading, writing, reading and interrupting in Spanish language, preferable
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.