Maintenance Superintendent - Autoclaves
Barrick is looking for a Maintenance Superintendent to join the POX/Autoclaves team at Fixed Plant Maintenance area. This role has responsibility for the daily administration and supervision of the execution of maintenance activities in their area of responsibility. The role provides leadership, direction, and coordination of a balance between production and sound equipment management. He is responsible and accountable for implementation and compliance with the Barrick Maintenance Management System.
The focus is on safety, equipment/plant availability and reliability, maintenance costs, performance management, and promoting a teaming environment between operations and other work groups. The Maintenance Superintendent directs the daily administration of the Barrick Maintenance Management System through his direct reports.
- Promoting a culture where Safety emphasizes personal awareness and responsability.
- Ensuring safe maintenance practices, systems, and processes are applicable and comply with Federal/State regulations and Barrick’s HSEQ policies/standards.
- Ensuring the Maintenance Management System is administered to meet the company’s business objectives.
- Promoting a work environment that provides leadership, mentoring, and motivates subordinates and facilitates cooperation among diverse work groups.
- Providing clear direction and expectations to maintenance work groups regarding planned and scheduled proactive and performance managed maintenance practices.
- Assessing and implementing training needs of employees.
- Promoting open communications throughout the department and with other work groups.
- Instill a culture of employee ownership in equipment care and operation.
- Professional interaction with peers and senior managers.
- Establishing and meeting area goals, objectives, and KPIs.
- Evaluating and communicating direct reports performance and holding them accountable.
- Ensuring maintenance planning and scheduling meet operational goals and objectives.
- Proactively managing preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance processes.
- Monitoring and managing area maintenance costs.
- Preparation of area maintenance budget and cost control management processes.
- Optimizing resource utilization of personnel, time, and equipment.
- Monitoring and managing contract maintenance services and major projects.
- Implementing strategies for equipment life-cycle management.
- Participating in audits of maintenance management program elements and KPI’s.
- Facilitating Post-Mortem meetings after major maintenance projects.
- Fill-in for Maintenance Manager as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strategic, conceptual, and analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable in the employment and integration of proactive maintenance concepts.
- Demonstrated organizational and team leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Competent computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS.)
- Previous experience large autoclaves preferred
- Knowledge of welding specialty metals preferred
- Previous experience with high pressure vessels preferred
- Previous experience with high pressure multistage vertical pumps preferred
- Knowledge GEHO Pumps repairs and rebuilds preferred
- Slurry pump and gear box rebuilding experience preferred
- Changing culture in work force to planned and scheduled maintenance preferred
- Basic English preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Leadership Role
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience in the maintenance field
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.