Barrick is looking for a Metallurgist Senior to join the Process team. The primary objectives of this role are ensuring the safe and profitable operation of the process plant while meeting all our legal and corporate obligations, working with a team in a designated area to help improve throughput, recovery and cost reduction in a safe and responsible manner under the direction of chief metallurgist.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to enhance productivity and throughput, reduce operating costs and improve recovery in one or two process areas as well as project management of said ideas through implementation to refine processes and achieve a better performance of the production process and taking actions to reduce variations in the proposed productivity goal.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the safety and training programs, including (but not limited to) the development of the Standard Operating Procedures, (SOP’s), Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP’s), Workplace Inspections, Task Observations and Training Certification programs in order maintaining physical and emotional health while helping to prevent work accidents, promoting a safe environment leads and more stable attitudes/behaviors.
- Responsible for organizing/hiring, training, mentoring and evaluating a team of metallurgists and technician to increase the level of performance of collaborators and, with it, to increase productivity.
- Lead and perform economic analysis and business case analyses for improvements with the purpose to study the structure and evolution of the company results and the profitability of the capital used.
- Responsible to follow up the operating parameters of the plant and suggest corrections, if necessary, in coordination with the operational staff, the maintenance staff, the Chief Metallurgist and the Technical Service Superintendent to ensure maximize performance, solve performance issues and optimize the metallurgist processes.
- Consolidate the metal and production accounting of related work area to providing diagnostic information necessary for metallurgical decisions to be effective.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mining, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- English / Spanish highly preferred
- Microsoft Office Knowledge
- Good knowledge of unit operations within process plant (crushing, grinding, autoclave, neutralization, thickeners, CIL, water treatment etc.)
- Process development, operation and support experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technology or process plant environment
- Supervisor/trainer of metallurgists and technicians
- Planning and development capacity
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.