Barrick is looking for a Construction Manager to join the Expansion team. This role will manage all Construction aspects of contractor management, area management, discipline supervision, resource allocation, survey & quality assurance for the Pueblo Viejo growth project from Early Works to Operations Integration [project completion] to enable safe, rapid and cost effective resource utilization & construction management to be delivered to an agreed schedule and cost during the contract formation, construction, commissioning and integration of the new mining and processing operations into the brown field areas.
- Create an excellent construction team that is world class and enjoy their work.
- Develop and implement a project plan to ensure the efficient, timely and cost-effective construction planning, execution, performance and monitoring of the Expansion project.
- Oversee and direct the Expansion construction team to ensure safe, rapid & efficient field delivery to completion of the Project.
- Ensure that onsite and offsite construction activities are in constant compliance with Company, local, national and best practice standards.
- Coordinate with Operations Readiness and operations team to deliver the Expansion.
- Ensure alignment of the Expansion Project requirements with various operations teams related to Expansion processes, deliverables, schedules, and project close out to ensure harmonious cooperation.
- Always ensure that the Company safety, health, environment, and license-to-operation standards are in constant exceedance to minimum requirements.
- Development and communication of construction management and individual behavioral information to the project teams to develop early alignment of behavioral expectations and understanding of industry best practice.
- Culture development and continued demonstration of No Harm behaviors & carriage of Owners Mindset mentality.
- Represent the Expansion team in all pre-qualification, early contractor involvement, tender and contract negotiation to ensure inclusion of the world’s best quality people, appropriate risk allocation between parties, exceptional contractor capability, timeliness of delivery and impeccable compliance to PVDC requirements.
- Participate in engineering design reviews to provide for best practice design outcomes for constructability, operations, and maintenance in line with schedule requirements – get the front-end right.
- Ensure that all governmental permit and subsequent management controls plans requirements are in exceedance of minimum requirements.
- Facilitate integration of construction into the Expansion commissioning process to ensure excellent quality handover delivery, sufficient resources, effective planning, and coordination through to commissioning.
- Qualification in engineering, or project or construction management fields
- Language proficiency from the in-country requirements
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Managing construction teams for complex projects
- Operations management and support systems
- Understanding of project cost controls and scheduling
- Project management tools
- Proven track record of managing construction teams for complex projects in developing countries
- Experience in operations management and support systems operations and maintenance, engineering, budgeting, project planning, design, procurement, and construction
- Expertise in project management tools and techniques
- Experience in constructing large pyrometallurgical facilities, including industrial scale autoclaving experience
- 20+ years in construction and project management required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.