Process Plant Lead
Barrick is looking for a Lead to join the Process Plant team. This role will support the Plant Manager by providing plant operational and technical leadership and guidance, whilst driving delivery to production targets.
- Plans and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in operating the process plant.
- Set, monitor and drive plant performance to achieve optimal plant availability, throughput and recovery.
- Ensure strong collaboration between the Fixed Plant Maintenance, Plant Operations and Plant technical Services teams.
- Plan, support, collaborate and participate in the plant expansion project and tie-in.
- Manage Succession Planning within the Process Operations Team to ensure that Barrick achieves development of National employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
- Review and ensure the proper training and development of Superintendents, General Supervisors and Operators.
- Manage the plant operating costs and capital expenditure.
- Manage activities of the operations team to assure cost effective and high-quality metal recovery activities, metallurgical performance and to optimize Company’s financial status.
- Develop and Implement Safe Work Procedures and other operations procedures.
- Putting in place the necessary programs and reporting functions that will facilitate the timely reporting of costs, development & production schedules and commitment forecasts.
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Degree in Mining Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience in process management or mining related field.
- Demonstrated leadership in safety and environmental stewardship.
- Senior level planning, budgeting, and project management experience.
- Fluent in reading, writing, reading and interrupting in English language, required
- Fluent in reading, writing, reading and interrupting in Spanish language, preferable
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.