Mobile Maintenance Manager
Barrick is looking for a Mobile Maintenance Manager to join the Mobile Equipment Maintenance team. The primary objective of this role is direct and coordinate the safe and efficient maintenance of all Barrick Pueblo Viejo JV assets, establishing maintenance strategies and plans that contribute to the optimization of processes and production time, as well as the direction of all activities in relation to the Budget, contractor management and continuous improvement initiatives, aligned with operations activities to meet the objectives and goals of the corporation, promoting a strong safety culture with the purpose of ensuring the achievement of safe and reliable mobile performance.
- Direct the execution of the maintenance activities of the mobile mining equipment in order to guarantee of the efficient and effective operation of the equipment.
- Ensure site wide understanding of the business purpose of maintenance including contribution to operational performance, equipment strategies and the development of maintenance systems.
- Manage the mine maintenance budget, tracking performance, regular cost control meeting with deep dives into variances, adjusting capital and operational plans and expenses to meet or exceed budget objectives, reduce costs and add value to our stakeholders.
- Ensure the development and execution of criticality evaluations of equipment and quality plans, avoiding the occurrence of failures to ensure that the parts and tools are available and in optimal conditions so that the objectives of equipment availability are met, improve the reliability and risk management.
- Develop continuous maintenance improvement strategies ensuring that waste is eliminated, and efficiency is improved, identifying projects deficient in safety, costs and performance of mobile equipment to create new savings and cost initiatives aligned with the strategic objectives of operations management.
- Evaluate existing contracts and identify opportunities for improvement through regular meetings with the supply chain, the implementation of improvement strategies and cost reduction to ensure that the service required in the area of mobile equipment maintenance is the best and lowest quality cost.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Technical or Electrical Competence
- Technical skills in Maintenance Planning and Control of Assets
- Languages: Bilingual – Technical English Proficiency and Spanish
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office and Maintenance Systems – Oracle, Jigsaw, AMT
- General knowledge of Maintenance Reliability and Planning practices
- Other Knowledge: Failure Analysis, continuous improvement, business Improvement, safety, incident investigation capability.
- 10 years of experience in Maintenance or Management, preferably in Mining related area
- Five years of experience in frontline supervision, preferably in Mining environment
- Experience in compiling and/or managing maintenance budgets
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.