Long Term Planning Engineer
Barrick is looking for a Long-Term Planning Engineer to join the Technical Services team at Mining area. The primary objectives of this role are to provide mentoring, oversight, and guide improvement of long term mine planning activities and mining engineering studies associated with growth projects.
The position will initially focus on developing systems and processes for evaluating alternative life-of-mine (LOM) plan scenarios, communicating the results and making recommendations.
- Review, improve, and standardize long-term mine planning processes, workflows, and systems
- Review, improve, and standardize reporting and presentation of mine planning information to relevant stakeholders.
- Incorporate and integrate all operational and technical inputs into the mine planning processes.
- Assist and guide the reporting of Resources and Reserves to required standards.
- Guide and perform mine design and schedule optimization studies to achieve the strategic objectives of the Pueblo Viejo Project.
- Estimate equipment fleet requirements to achieve planned production schedules.
- Develop operating and capital cost estimates for LOM plans and growth projects
- Undertake high level economic trade-offs of alternative LOM plans and growth projects for comparative purposes and make recommendations
- Lead and progress identified growth projects from Conceptual to Feasibility Study phases and ensure compliance with the planned costs and project schedules.
- Manage and coordinate consultants and contractors associated with projects, to ensure required personnel available for each project.
- Provide training and mentoring of national staff to ensure improve their skills and contribute with the achievement of the objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering or a related field, required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in mining engineering with a strong background in mine planning, required.
- Strong leadership and ability to influence, required.
- Good written and oral presentation skills, required.
- High ethical standards and integrity, required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing mine planning systems and processes, required.
- Experience with Deswik, Vulcan or similar mine planning software required.
- Experience with Whittle or other pit optimization software, required
- Experience with mine schedule optimization software, preferred.
- Experience with mining cost estimation and developing budgets, required
- Bi-lingual capabilities in English and Spanish, preferred.
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.