Resource Evaluation Geologist
Barrick is looking for a Resource Evaluation Geologist to join the Mineral Resource Management team. The primary objectives of this role are to develop, implement and document best-practice resource modelling processes within existing guidelines, including resource, mid-term and grade control models and reconciliation. A 12-month timeframe is allotted to develop, test, document and pass an external audit of the process with an additional 6-months to complete a training and hand-over to MRM geologists.
- Develop a fit-for-purpose estimation process that utilizes the existing acQuire, LeapFrog3D and Vulcan softwares used at site.
- Develop and document procedures that align with the regional standards (based on CIM Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserves reporting).
- Develop robust and repeatable block model validation procedures.
- Document model builds in compliance with Barrick LATAM and CIM standards for NI 43-101 reporting.
- Develop data management structures to organize all related inputs, EDA, estimation parameters, and validation documentation.
- Develop a transmittal document to be used by engineering, consulting, and other relevant departments requiring the use of MRM block-models.
- Other key duties such as budgets, training of national geologist, and business improvement projects will also be undertaken.
- Compromise to all employees and contractors in the implementation and maintenance activities of Environmental System Management, according with the Environmental politics guidelines.
- Develop in the areas the work practices and mechanism that ensure the legal requirements fulfillment.
- Manage necessary resources to keep and update the activities related to the Environmental System Management.
- Evaluate the environmental performance of employees.
- Report environmental incidents and create correctives and preventives measures.
- Participate in the environmental training activities.
- Contribute to the success of the Environmental System Management, participating actively and the activities.
- Ensure work areas and equipment are in safe condition.
- Ensure that every task/job performed is done safely and with no adverse health consequences.
- Bachelor Science in Geology or related area
- Qualification in Geostatistics (preferred but not essential)
- English required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Vulcan, Supervisor/Isatis/or similar geostats, LeapFrog3D
- Sound background, based on experience, in the practical application of resource estimation and geostatistics
- Ability to act as a Qualified Person for reporting under NI 43-101
- Expertise to communicate highly technical procedures and results to others both inside and outside the immediate group.
- 10+ years of experience in open pit.
- Experience with resource and reserves estimation and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Trainer and Mentor
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.