Area Manager - Oxygen Plant
Barrick is looking for an Area Manager for Oxygen Plant to join the Expansion team. This role will manage & coordinate the Oxygen Plant Facility aspects of safety, environment, engineering, procurement, contractor management, discipline supervision, quality assurance and commissioning for the Pueblo Viejo growth project from design phase to Operations Integration [project completion] to enable safe, rapid and cost effective delivery of the project facility to an agreed schedule and cost during the contract formation, construction, commissioning and integration of the new mining and processing operations into the brown field areas.
- Implement a project plan to ensure the efficient, timely and cost-effective construction planning, execution, performance and monitoring of the Oxygen Plant area.
- Oversee and direct the Expansion construction team to ensure safe, rapid & efficient field delivery to completion of the Oxygen Plant
- Ensure that onsite and offsite construction activities are in constant compliance with Company, local, national and best practice standards.
- Coordinate with Operations Readiness and operations team to deliver the Expansion.
- Ensure alignment of the Expansion Project requirements with various operations teams related to the Oxygen Plant* area’s deliverables, schedule and commissioning to ensure harmonious cooperation
- Always ensure that the Company safety, health, environment and license-to-operation standards are in constant exceedance to minimum requirements
- Communication of construction management and individual behavioral information to the project teams in your area to develop early alignment of behavioral expectations and understanding of industry best practice
- Culture development and continued demonstration of No Harm behaviors & carriage of Owners Mindset mentality
- Represent the Expansion team in all pre-qualification, early contractor involvement, tender and contract negotiation to ensure exceptional contractor capability, timeliness of delivery and impeccable compliance to PVDC requirements
- Participate in engineering design reviews to provide for best practice design outcomes for constructability, operations and maintenance in line with schedule requirements for the Oxygen Plant area
- Ensure that all governmental permit and subsequent management controls plans requirements are in exceedance of minimum requirements for the Oxygen Plant area
- Facilitate integration of construction into the Oxygen Plant area commissioning process to ensure excellent quality handover delivery, sufficient resources, effective planning and coordination through to commissioning or operation
- Significant construction, commissioning and operations experience with large ASU Oxygen Plant projects [greater than 1000 tpd] required for an owners team preferred
- Proven track record of managing construction teams in developing countries required
- Qualification in engineering, trade, project or construction management fields required
- Experience in operations management and support systems operations and maintenance, engineering, budgeting, project planning, design, procurement and construction required
- Strong skills in engagement, participation and relationship management skills required
- Good understanding of project cost controls and scheduling is required
- Expertise in project management tools and techniques required
- Experience in constructing large mining or mineral processing facilities in developing countries utilising predominantly national workforce required
- Ethical, political, communities and cultural awareness is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- 10+ years’ experience in construction and project management required
- Ability to work on project sites for long hours for sustained periods required
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.