Barrick is looking for a Financial Manager to join the Finance team. This role will manage, monitor and control all operational financial as well as information technology matters to ensure the optimal performance of the Pueblo Viejo. Lead and the develop the Finance and IT functions and drive finance operations to deliver results. Ensure appropriate governance and support the GM.
- Provide timely and accurate information, in order to make good investment decisions for PVDC.
- Manage and control the operational budget.
- Ensure proper and accurate financial reporting.
- Develop and continuously optimize the Pueblo Viejo Life-of-Mine plan.
- Track and control the Expansion / Capital project spend to keep spend in line with budget.
- Identify potential areas of opportunities to increase PVDC value and assist operations to improve their performance.
- Ensure compliance with established processes allowing for good control to avoid fraud and compliance issues.
- Manage the Treasury function.
- Review and support of PV commercial decisions.
- Oversee the logistics process for PV sales.
- Own the PV valuation model.
Audits and Tax Compliance:
- Manage and act as a focal point for Group- and Local Auditors and ensure timely submission of Financial Statements.
- Manage and ensure in-country tax compliance and reporting.
- Establish strong relations with the DR Government, including tax authorities.
- Ensure proper account payable system and processes are well established to support efficient and appropriate payments.
- Manage the weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and payroll accounting.
Information Technology Systems:
- Manage the IT team and support the regional IT function.
- Implement IT initiatives that create value allowing users, to focus on analyzing the data and improving performance.
- Ensure development of the finance and IT teams and robust succession planning.
- Accounting professional designation required (CA, CMA, CGA). CA designation preferred
- Significant experience in accounting and finance management.
- Prior mining, oil & gas, industrials, and manufacturing experience preferred.
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are a PVDC employee, you must attach the internal application form signed by your area manager.
At Barrick Pueblo Viejo women's support in our processes is highly valuated, APPLY!
Barrick Pueblo Viejo provides and guarantees equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment and acts of violence of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic, condition or status protected by Dominican laws.