Barrick is looking for a Process Engineer position to join the Autoclaves team. This role will be directly involved in mentoring, knowledge transfer and development of skills sets to National Maintenance Engineers in proactive maintenance and project engineering application, asset and processes inspections and QA/QC of assets of Pressure Oxidation process (Autoclaves).
Promote a safe, efficient, and effective working culture environment focused on continuous improvement and track record achievement of process maintenance department.
- Work closely with the General Supervisor and Superintendent in ensuring safety and environmental compliance of the maintenance processes in POX is a must. Conduct Plant audits, record finding and drive actions to sustainable close findings.
- Improve life cycle costing, asset reliability, project design and engineering / calculations, and safety compliance at POX by identification and implementation of improvement opportunities through benchmarking with past engineering experiences and own technical knowledge of Autoclaves. Promotion and development of a culture of performance excellence in engineering.
- Increase the professional and technical knowledge of the maintenance engineers by providing on-the-job training, mentoring, and guidance in projects and design reviews.
- Develop, implement, and manage a quality control and quality assurance program for key components and systems at POX process.
- Completion of a certified Professional program in Mechanical Engineering
- Assessor and Leadership qualifications would be highly regarded
- Being able to speak, read, and write in Spanish as a second language is highly desired.
- Computers Skills includes: MS Functions – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Project; PI – Process Index; SAP; AutoCAD
- 15+ years of experience in Autoclave Engineering with 8+ years in a senior, lead or supervisory role, with demonstrated experience in personal development.
- Sound Knowledge of Liquid Oxygen Generation Plant is a plus.
- Strong desire to lead the industry in safety and environmental practices.
- Strong Leadership capabilities, acting with integrity and excellence.
- Demonstrated ability in the field of Autoclave maintenance engineering and asset integrity. Developing and leading improvement projects with a cross functional team.
- Proven technical and engineering skills, fault finding, de-bottle necking and repairing complex systems typically found in process POX plants.
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.