Barrick is looking for a QA Lead / Construction Quality Supervisor position to join the Expansion Project team. This role will be able to assure that construction contract compliance is being achieved and documented, that nonconformities are being detected and rectified, and that construction quality is being controlled, documented, verified, and accepted.
- Develop and implement the construction quality program requirements for the project
- Assure that proper construction techniques and procedures are adopted by the Contractors
- Assure that the Expansion Project is built in accordance with the design drawings and specifications
- Identify and define problems that may occur during construction and to verify that these problems are corrected prior to construction completion
- Conduct and document pre-construction, daily, and weekly planning and progress meetings
- Maintain project records of testing and inspections
- Working in collaboration with the field engineering team, manage design change reports between home office, suppliers, and fabricators
- Maintain daily field construction inspection reports, construction activities, testing activities, and observation and data sheets
- Periodic report preparation both during and at end of project
- Manage the activities and performance of discipline quality inspectors in your team
- Engineering / technical degree or diploma in related fields.
- At least 10 years of construction quality experience, preferably developing and implementing construction quality programs
- Experience with minerals processing plant construction
- Proficiency using and developing computerized analysis and reporting tools
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel depending on project needs
- Good written and verbal skills, both English and Spanish.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive working relations with co-workers, construction contractors, subcontractors, other consultant personnel, and owner.
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Demonstrated ability in the field of Autoclave maintenance engineering and asset integrity. Developing and leading improvement projects with a cross functional team.
- Proven technical and engineering skills, fault finding, de-bottle necking and repairing complex systems typically found in process POX plants.