Barrick is looking for a Chief Drill and Blast Engineer to join the Technical Services team at Mining area. The primary objectives of this role is to mentor, monitor, and control Drill and Blast engineering and operations at the mine, develop and train personnel in world best practices, analyzing and develop budget and production reports and needs, establish plans and develop continuous improvement projects, according to the rules, policies, procedures and guidelines established in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of Drill & Blast at the mine.
- Ensure the quality and capability of the drill and blast engineering team through existing processes and procedures; where missing or inadequate development and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Build the team's knowledge of safe and effective engineering and blast practices and ensure the optimal compliance with operational plans and work instructions.
- Ensure quality in planning practices and processes (daily, weekly, quarterly, and beyond) by daily monitoring to achieve compliance with the long-term strategy.
- Develop improvement projects in conjunction with other departments, focused on finding production improvements, profitability to increase business efficiency.
- Develop professional development plans for, train, and mentor National employees to perform their roles and responsibilities with competence. Key focus on succession planning and career development of National staff.
- Advise and monitor Drill and Blast production activities to obtain an efficient operation of the drill and blast planning to promote the continuous improvement of processes and practices.
- Monitor the efficient operation of the drilling fleet by monitoring key performance measures and sustaining continuous improvement processes.
- Manage the down-the-hole blast service provided by the Blast Supplier to ensure the provisions of the contract are followed.
- Manage the emulsion manufacturing plant service provided by the Contractor to ensure that provisions of the contract are followed and that our assets a properly kept and maintained.
- Report any significant deviation from the operational plans to the Mining leadership.
- Create a proactive and engaging team culture and lead them towards exceptional results.
- Monitor compliance with legal obligations, policies and procedures of Barrick, as well as communicate and promote behavioral safety program, in order to ensure compliance with corporate standards established in PVDC.
- Prepare and oversee production of Drill and Blast reports, in order to provide information, efficiency measure and assign costs.
- Supervise and evaluate performance and development of the Drill and Blast engineering members in safety, production, and technical skills.
- Ensure proper training to meet required objectives, efficiencies, and continuous improvement in the department.
- University qualified degree in a relevant field.
- Bilingual English / Spanish (advantageous)
- Knowledge of MSOffice (essential), ShotPlus or similar, and Vulcan/BlastLogic or similar
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management and Project Development
- Minimum five years drilling and blasting experience in a mining environment.
- Minimum three years of experience in supervisory roles.
- Experience in budget managements.
- Team trainer (motivate and inspire)
- Ability to delegate
What we can Offer You?
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.