At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Reporting to the Logistics Superintendent, the Supervisor Logistics is responsible for managing and controlling the site’s supply chain function. The Logistics Supervisor plans, directs, controls, and coordinates all logistic activities, including, but not limited to shipping/receiving, turnover, and materials handling, ensuring compliance with the budget, cost effectiveness and availability of materials to satisfy production schedules and operational needs.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in logistics and supply management or equivalent.
- 5 years of progressive work experience in logistics management, preferably in a mining environment.
- 3+ years' in a supervisory role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Knowledge of any ERP system and JDE Oracle will be advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application.
- Familiarity with practices, processes and procedures throughout the supply chain.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of productivity and quality within department to insure an efficient and profitable operation.
- Plan work assignments and manage work force to meet operational needs.
- Communicates clear and concise work instructions to associates to ensure understanding of assigned duties.
- Create and implement standard operation procedures (SOP’s) for fuel logistics business processes across the Site.
- Provide ongoing Supply Chain analysis from vendor facility through to site including complete visibility of material availability and location within the Supply Chain
- Strong ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders across the business at all levels, resulting in robust relationships being built.
- Proven experience in analysing data, information and reports to ensure the best logistics strategies implemented on shipment level basis and delivery of time and cost efficiencies for the business including providing alternate recommendations
- Accountable for accurate and detailed weekly and monthly logistics updates for inclusion in reports including, but not limited to:
- 7, 14, 30 and 60-day incoming shipment look ahead reports.
- Actual shipping / trucking reports for resource and warehouse planning purposes.
- Cost reporting and shipment history tracking for analysis of consolidation opportunities.
- Extensive and proactive communication with vendors to identify any potential delays in vendor compliance with committed delivery timelines, discrepancy with orders, short supplied goods and escalation to mitigate risk in supply or delays to the business.
- Shipment reconciliation against shipping documentation and vendor invoices in line with scope of work completed and correct cost allocations to specific BU.
- Provide oversight of Contractor(s) to ensure that all in bound cargo is correctly handling, stored, and transported and reported on in accordance with the businesses procedures and requirements.
- Train and supervise the team, ensuring that the team receives proper instruction and follows formal processes in the execution of their day to day expediting activities.
- Monitor team members and the work process to ensure proper completion according to company standards.
- Create and enforce good safety and housekeeping procedures within the department in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
- Provide training, guidance, and counselling to immediate subordinates.
- Provide leadership and coaching in safe work practices to maintain and build upon safety culture.
- Administer and control inventory management procedures and processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.