At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Reporting to the Logistics Superintendent the Specialist Data and Projects is responsible for ensuring the schedule, budget and details of a given commercial project are well organized. They communicate with various departments to keep everyone on board about any changes to the project plan. responsible for managing and controlling the site’s supply chain function. The Specialist ensures compliance medical, safety, security, camps and HR requirements prior to contractor on boarding.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Administration, Logistics or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree is advantageous.
- 3 + years' in a mining environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Knowledge of any JDE Oracle will be advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application.
- Familiarity with the fuel (or similar) industry exposure would also be advantageous.
- Familiarity with practices, processes and procedures throughout the supply chain.
- Familiarity with contractors and commercial processes.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management
- A high level of mathematical ability.
- Understanding of Lean principles and continuous improvement.
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
- Knowledge of administrative practices.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Create and implement standard operation procedures (SOP’s) for fuel logistics business processes across the Site.
- Create and Implement KPI s for fuel consumption and standardizing procedures on overall projects across the department.
- Supervise, budgets and controls the fuel supplier and transport service provider performance, including management of stockholding and stock turn.
- Oversee, monitor and control all parameters to achieve the main KPI of adequate, reliable supply of fuel on Site. Parameters will include, but are not limited to:
- Fuel transportation (national) to meet demands.
- Budget and control of fuels and other contractor demands.
- Continuous monitoring of site fuel stock levels.
- Fuel demand planning.
- Diesel Supply Chain – from receipt at site to issuance and financial reporting requirements
- Process Plant commodities supply chain
- Wet stock tracking.
- Reconciliation, resolution and management of invoices and deliveries.
- Overseeing monthly invoice process and procedures per customer.
- Contractor management.
- Ensuring all necessary statutory compliance and SHEQ is maintained.
- External and internal stakeholder alignment and relationship management.
- Fuel Logistics business process optimisation.
- Expediting of Bulk cargo import and export
- New project Oils Supply Chain
- Any required analysis and implementation plan required for Commercial
- Monitor team members and the work process to ensure proper completion according to company standards.
- Create and enforce good safety and housekeeping procedures within the department in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
- Administer and control inventory management procedures and processes.
- Oversee, support and drive commercial projects across site. (AVETTA – JIGSAW).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.