At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
· Responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable process including supplier invoice processing, statement reconciliation.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
· Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
· Accurate and timely input of supplier invoices, including matching against purchase orders and resolving invoice discrepancies.
· Regular liaison with suppliers – responding to enquiries and resolving any issues.
· Analysis and conciliation of supplier’s statement.
· Ensure timely payment based on PO terms.
· Provided weekly follow up to the GRNI balance.
· Provided monthly detailed prepayment reconciliation.
· Make recommendations to improve processes maintaining quality.
· Assist the AP supervisors on special tasks / Activities.
· Will actively participate on the enhancement or new projects for AP.
· Positively contribute, through strong leadership, and adherence to the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
· Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
· Implement FQM Way culture in the Control Room team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
· Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Undergraduate degree in accounting or relative careers.
· Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience with accounts payable cycle
· High degree of computer literacy (Including proficiency with Microsoft Excel).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong Organisational skill and attention to details.
· Must be able to organize work.
· Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results.
· Experience with JDE Edwards will be highly regarded, but is not essential.
· Experience in a large public accounting practice is highly desirable
Fluency in English is required and proficiency in Spanish highly regarded.
· Firm commitment to safe work practices
· Must be able to organize and prioritize work, and be able to meet tight deadlines, without compromising on attention to detail.
· Develop all the duties with complete honesty.
Safety and Environment
· Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
· Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
· Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
· Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
· Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
· Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.