At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Reporting to the Foreman and Supervisor, Truck driver is responsible for the safe and efficient handling and transportation of all materials, as well as the operation of any equipment required during the execution of the assigned task.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Must have a valid commercial drivers license with letters G,H,I
- Experience with oversize/overweight cargo desirable.
- Experience operating lowboy/lowbed desirable.
- Experience transporting dangerous goods desirable.
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years.
- 5+ years experience working as truck driver in a similar industry
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Transport deliveries safely to their destination locations on time. As part of this duty, verify shipping loads against the paperwork and obtain signatures for materials when they are delivered.
- Performs pre-shift activities as assigned to ensure a productive shift.
- Examines work schedules, inspects the equipment and supplies needed to complete the work, including the accuracy of the load, and prepares for operations.
- Responsible for pre & post trip inspections
- Perform appropriate load and paperwork inspections for supplies that has been loaded, including quality checks and other related items as required.
- Inspect and maintain the truck and all related equipment, putting in repair requests as necessary to maintain safe operation.
- Completes required paperwork and submits it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (e.g. fuel log report, attendance sheets, , maintenance reports)
- Take on material handling duties as necessary to complete the delivery of necessary materials to destination locations, including handling materials during loading and unloading.
- Responsible for proper loading, positioning, and securing of cargo
- Undertake nominated training activities to maintain and up-skill required competencies.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the section.
- Assist and/or carry out logistical activities, such as transportation and/or driving of vehicles, personnel, materials, equipment and supplies to and from work areas, camps and other company facilities, as required by the supervisor.
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.