At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
- The Customs Duties Officer will be responsible for providing the proper source documentation of the customs duties of Minera Panama, check off documents against each shipment and at same time upload onto Magaya as the source.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Studying or Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Fluency in English will be highly regarded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- No previous experience required.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Search MPSA information in different repositories, which contains customs liquidations, bill of lading, invoices, payments and related documents.
- After review of the documentation, upload data onto Magaya for tracking of the shipments.
- Participate in weekly progress meetings with company representatives to verify the progress of the project.
- Propose improvements in the process.
Behavioral Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible and versatile and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things.
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
- The role is characterized by long hours and early days in high volume and high-pressure environment. The incumbent will need to be able to provide safe, effective care in a manner that considers each individual’s need for comfort, privacy, and respect.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.