At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The Inbound Coordinator is responsible for accurate and timely coordination of inbound purchase orders, systematic receiving and final destination transfers while balancing internal operations schedules. Work with Procurement team members, Suppliers, Freight Forwarder, the Custom Agency and Transportation carriers to coordinate inbound logistics domestically and internationally. Ensuring compliance with the budget, cost effectiveness and availability of materials to satisfy production schedules and operational needs.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in logistics and supply management or equivalent.
- 8 years of progressive work experience in logistics management, relate to commercial and logistics industry preferably in mining environment.
- 5+ years' in a supervisory role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Knowledge of any ERP system and JDE Oracle will be advantage.
- Recent experience in the implementation of eSourcing Tools preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application. Power BI
- Deep understanding of application connectivity via API
- Data analysis for decision-making and identification of opportunities for improvement and identification of inefficiencies and potential savings in the supply chain.
- Familiarity with practices, processes and procedures throughout the supply chain with emphasis on Inbound logistic.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Maintain acceptable levels of productivity and quality within department to insure an efficient and profitable operation.
- Train and Coordinate the team, ensuring that the team receives proper instruction to associates to ensure understanding of assigned duties and follows formal processes in the execution of their day-to-day expediting activities. Communicates clear and concise work instructions.
- Communicate with Procurement team members, suppliers, freight forwarder, the custom agency and transportation to ensure timely response on time-sensitive action items.
- Lead, manage and control the technological transformation projects to improve the processes of the area
- Maintain fluid communication and be a punctual link between the different parts of the commercial chain at a management level (superintendents) and general level (supervisors, etc.) on critical cargo status, general cargo, cargo expected to arrive at the different warehouses and at the international port of Rincon.
- Attend and potentially managing meeting to follow up purchase order follow up for shutdown and maintenance plans along to different areas of end users (Process plant, power plant, mining area, site services area) and supplier involve.
- Understand and inform the global situation of logistics issues that could affect the supply of goods to the different areas in the supply chain, end users and others.
- Managing suppliers, problem solving involving and controlling freight forwarders, customs agents and transport companies to resolve any issues and comply with the life cycle of an open purchase orders that arise to meet necessities of the business ensuring compliance with the budget, cost effectiveness and availability of materials to satisfy production schedules and operational needs.
- Create, implement and supervise standard operation procedures (SOP’s) for expediting processes including process for 3PL services for international handling cargo, 3PL services for local handling cargo, OSD process, administrative process in order to support procurement, transport companies, customs agents.
- Supervise international and local expediting team in order to have under control and overview traceability of shipment placed on all PO types ROP, on demand, direct charge and under to contracts. Exports and imports in accordance with international INCOTERMS.
- Management Control and supervise scopes, KPI´s for international 3PL FFW services, agent under an annual contractual commercial relationship of 6.5 million per year. Provide oversight of Contractor(s) to ensure that all in bound cargo is correctly handling, stored, and transported and reported on in accordance with the businesses procedures and requirements.
- Control and supervise scopes, KPI´s for local 3PL services agent, under an annual contractual commercial relationship of 1.5 million per year. Provide oversight of Contractor(s) to ensure that all in bound cargo is correctly handling, stored, and transported and reported on in accordance with the businesses procedures and requirements.
- Control and supervise scopes, KPI´s for transport companies, under an annual contractual commercial relationship of 3.5 million per year. Provide oversight of this contractor to ensure that cargo is correctly handling, transported and reported on in accordance with the businesses procedures and requirements. Enforce good safety and housekeeping procedures within the department in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
- Control and supervise scopes, KPI´s for local customs broker agent, under an annual contractual commercial relationship of 1.5 million per year. Provide oversight of this contractor to ensure that cargo is clear from customs authorities on time and reported on in accordance with the businesses procedures and requirements.
- Accountable for accurate and detailed weekly and monthly logistics updates for inclusion in reports including, but not limited to:
- Cost reporting and shipment history tracking for analysis of consolidation opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Control of the account statements of the freight providers so that the payment of their services is made in full and on time to maintain our commercial relationship between provider and user.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is base on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.