At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To work closely with the JD Edwards Support Supervisor and JD Edwards users of all departments or areas of the company where it is necessary to provide JD Edwards support. To play a crucial role in the development and management of the JD Edwards Users knowledge at Cobre Panama, and directly impact the quality of business processes and its handling. To understand, analyse and propose pragmatic and business aligned solutions to the requirements or problems that JD Edwards users have. To use the tools defined to control the tasks of JD Edwards support processes, necessary to obtain KPI´s and determine common issues and application performance. To constantly develop knowledge and skills of the latest versions or modifications published by Oracle, or other applications developers, as well as up to date business analysis knowledge.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Perform as a member of JD Edwards Support Team for JD Edwards users throughout the MPSA organization, in coordination with JD Edwards Coordinator.
- Provide internal support to JD Edwards issues and requests, and ensure that JD Edwards functionality is being used to facilitate business processes.
- Provide JD Edwards processes training to end users.
- Thoroughly understand the JD Edwards database functionality.
- Assist with testing new releases of JD Edwards and related applications, prior to use in a production environment.
- Create documentation and procedures guidelines for JD Edwards users, based on departmental standards.
- Thoroughly understand JD Edwards security subsystem, in order to assign appropriate system access to users at different levels throughout the organization and its partners.
- Thoroughly understand business practices and procedures in order to design, develop and maintain automated workflow processes.
- Participate in Business Analysis activities with knowledgeable persons throughout the organization, to help define user needs and develop system solutions.
- Analyze and troubleshoot JD Edwards issues reported by end users, and provide suggestions for better solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain reports used by technical staff and JD Edwards users. (This requires thorough understanding of the JDE Tables, JDE Database and Third party solution for reporting).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Desirable – a formal qualification in Engineering, Finance, Administration or related field.
- Mandatory - Previous experience in JD Edwards customer service providing support and or training to users.
- Mandatory – High degree of competency in using of utility packages like Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Support-level knowledge of JD Edwards version 9.0 or later
- Proven ability to implement procedures and handle different types of users
- Analytical and methodical thinking and execution
- Customer and Solution oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, users and JD Edwards team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- JD Edwards Support of not less than five (5) years.
- Working in a mining, manufacturing or engineering industry.
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Willingness and ability to share information with others
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Strength in cultural adaptability
- Able to work with little supervision
Cobre Panama is a remote site. For Foreign Nationals, the position is offered as Residential or FIFO, with a strong preference for the incumbent to be residential. For Panamanian citizens, the position is offered as residential on site'.
Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.