At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The Draftsman is responsible for producing accurate details and assembly drawings of plant, equipment, and basic machine components for assembly and fabrication as needed.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Drafting diploma from a recognized technical institute or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Autocad and Autocad Electrical, Plant 3D, Inventor, Advanced Steel, Advanced Concrete, and Robot structural analysis.
- General knowledge of electrical/civil design.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Produce accurate designs and drawings of proposed and existing Plant layouts as well as detail and assembly drawings of equipment and basic structures as required in the Plant using AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor to superior technical quality.
- Update the mechanical, civil, structural, architectural, electrical, layouts and working drawings and schedules as required.
- Ensuring drawings are produced in accordance with applicable drafting codes and standards.
- Ensure that all drawing related documentation is as per product engineering standard prior before they are sent for document control.
- Check engineering detail designs for manufacture.
- Attend and contribute to engineering design reviews to establish best solution.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the work area.
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
- Any other duties assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things.
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.