At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Provides high-level administrative support to the Engineering Department by preparing statistical reports, and handling information requests, as well as performing routine administrative functions.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Technical or business / information management degree.
- 5 –years practical / hands-on experience in document and data management roles.
- Familiar with e-Document management systems.
- Basic understanding of legal documents.
- Experience in electronic data format production and retention requirements.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems.
- Knowledge of electronic document management processes.
- Excellent organization skills and time management.
- Fluency in Spanish and English highly regarded.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the hotels.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of all general administrative functions of the Engineering area.
- General administration (update existing data, ensure data preservation, Sort and organize paperwork)
- Provide multi-faceted general office support to the Engineering area.
- Consistently deliver the main KPI’s of Basic data analysis.
- Store departmental documents and data files on network.
- Maintain the Engineering network drive to be efficient and logical.
- Maintain systems to monitor, track and report common aspects of the Engineering Department.
- Prepare meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Any other duties assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things.
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.