At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To identify, eliminate, mitigate and/or control any electrical safety condition, and use electrically safe work procedures, in accordance with National Regulations (NFPA 70) and best industry practices. To lead the troubleshooting, repair, installation and service low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage electrical systems and associated control equipment, including Variable Speed Drives, Switchyards, Switchgears, Motor Control Centers and cables. Coordinate the operation, inspection and preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance execution, on low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage electrical systems and associated control equipment, including Variable Speed Drives, Switchyards, Switchgears, Motor Control Centers and cables. To understand and assist with Budget and Forecast reviews, to ensure the appropriate inventory levels are maintain, and the proper head count is maintain.
I the absence of Electrical Superintendent, the Electrical Coordinator leads the electrical team working with the high and medium voltage transmission, distribution, and standby power systems. Ensures that electrical installations and electrical activities are conducted in compliance with regulations, Reglamento para Instalaciones Electricas (RIE) and best industry practices. Participates creating Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) and provides team performance feedback to line management. Directs and Executes Switchyard, Switchgear, Transmission, Distribution, and Standby Power operations and maintenance. Provides technical data and information, as required, to line management. Directs and asses Electrical Technicians, and Electricians productivity and performance. Provides workforce with information and technical direction required to complete tasks in a safe and timely manner and to the level of quality required to ensure plant availability. Ensures scheduled requirements are communicated to all levels of discipline and coordinates the interpretation of technical requirements.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
· Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
· To identify, eliminate, mitigate and/or control any electrical safety condition; .
· Promote the use of electrically safe work procedures, in accordance with National Regulations (NFPA 70) and best industry practices;.
· Promote the use of industry best practices for Lock Out Tag Out safe procedures;.
· Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, single line diagrams, and any other vendor supplied technical information, included but not limited to installation, operation and maintenance manuals;.
· Guide troubleshoot and repair overhead and underground distribution systems, including transformers, circuit interrupters, reclosers, capacitors, voltage regulators, medium voltage switches, utility poles, terminations, and supporting hardware;.
· Guide the installation, maintainenance and repair of electrical components including but not limited to duct banks, cable runs, risers, transformers, and low voltage electrical panels;.
· Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
· Implement FQM Way culture in the Control Room team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
· Perform any other duties as assigned by her supperiors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engneering, Electronics Engineering or equivalent engineering
· JTIA license level Engineer
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Experience in industrial, distribution, and/or generation electrical systems
· Experience directing and guiding engineers and supervisors
· Experience in troubleshooting, power and control circuits
Fluency in Spanish is required and proficiency in English highly regarded.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Team player and results orientated
· Relate and communicate to people on all levels
· Strength in cultural adaptability
Cobre Panama is a remote site. The position is offered as Residential or FIFO with a strong preference for the incumbent to be residential.
Safety and Environment
· Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
· Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
· Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
· Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
· Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
· Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.