At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
To ensure that the company's purchase orders are delivered in a safe, secure, and timely manner, in accordance with the purchase order and the relevant INCOTERMS.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in logistics and supply management or equivalent.
- 5 years of progressive work experience in logistics management, preferably in a mining environment.
- DG Handling Experience required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Knowledge of any ERP system and JDE Oracle will be advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application.
- Familiarity with the fuel (or similar) industry exposure would also be advantageous.
- Familiarity with practices, processes and procedures throughout the supply chain.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the company’s policies.
- Organize transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements and arranging for services as necessary.
- Coordinate and define required expediting-tasks for all placed purchase orders of the department. Contact suppliers and update on progress and expediting reports as required.
- Expedite equipment and inventory when required and handle any unanticipated requests or other problems on the company’s purchases.
- Report and update all logistic activities into the company’s ERP software – JDE.
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on defined schedules.
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low and investigate. alternate freight forwarding options.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs at all stages of the supply chain within the logistics discipline and ensure cost consideration is taken with all decisions.
- Facilitate imports and exports in accordance with Panama regulations and INCOTERMS.
- Support diesel access authorization and distribution report through Jigsaw system software.
- Support work orders creation in JDE software for repairs and maintenance when required in all facilities and equipment assigned to the department. Field verification when required.
- Keep Bulk Warehouse inventories updated in JDE software with accurate information.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Weekly reporting of Bulk Material delivered.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on
driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.