At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Reporting to the Coordinator Reliability, the Supervisor Condition Monitoring Electrical is accountable for the safe, effective and efficient management of the electrical condition monitoring team to ensure the execution of inspection routes and unscheduled work.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, National/Higher/Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degrees.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in condition monitoring of electrical equipment, engineering, electrical maintenance and/or related trade
- Strong motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong electrical understanding of equipment such as electric motors, transformers and OHL.
- Knowledge in electrical inspection techniques such as thermography and airborne ultrasound.
- Intermediate level for MS Office products including MS Excel, MS Word, Power BI.
- Knowledge of JDEdwards or other enterprise systems
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to provide clear and accurate operational directions to team.
- Able to analyse data and provide clear and accurate operational maintenance performance reports in both an upward and downward direction.
- Fluency in Spanish and English highly regarded.
- Strong understanding of maintenance process improvement and control strategies.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures.
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
- Monitor and diagnosis of the equipment vital signs.
- Through condition analysis, identify root causes and put in place corrective action plans to optimize productivity and component life.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving “on condition” issues, and the ability to make sound decisions while assessing the potential impact on safety, production and cost.
- Work together with the Reliability engineer to resolve the main issues that result in major downtime.
- Support the development of weekly and shutdown work management plans related to “on condition” task.
- Contribute to the management of day to day and long term maintenance integrity for the equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of equipment and materials through self-study and training.
- Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, providing feedback and coaching to achieve business plans and production goals.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, training and development in an effort to retain and develop the best talent for the organization
- Identify training opportunities that will provide depth and versatility for employees in the team.
- Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of a solid working relationship with all employees.
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.