At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The Administrator Shift provides clerical administrative support to the Mining Operations department .
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Providing administrative support to the Mine department; primarily to the Mine Coordinators and Supervisors.
- Compile and record employee attendance and payroll data.
- Adhere to corporate guidelines in managing timekeeping clerical functions
- Assist in the coordination and ordering of PPE/uniforms requests and usage across the mining operation.
- Coordinates and processes clerical work such as scanning paperwork for reports and attaching those documents to reports, filing and maintaining department records.
- Support Supervisors with Annual leave schedueling and management .
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, minutes, agendas, memos, forms, directories, and other documents and communications from computer systems, drafts, recordings, or verbal instruction as requested.
- Reconcile and submit expense reports.
- Liaise with peers to share and standardise processes within the department.
- Identify and implement tasks to constantly improve the efficiency of the office functions
- Any other duties assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.