At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Design, deliver and assess training according to the FQM training strategy, in the LED and On the Job Training modalities ensuring the quality and correct deliver of knowledge to the electrical artisans of the mobile equipment maintenance section.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Level IV in Training and Assessment certification or similar provided by OEM (Caterpillar, Komatsu, Epiroc, Liebherr) with focus on electrical equipment
- Experience with Electrical heavy mining equipment
- Minimum of 8-10 years' experience in an electrical maintenance role
- At least 5 years in an Electrical Technical Trainer role
- Experience in competency-based training programs
- Experience in mining industry
- Knowledge as user level in Learning Management Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point) at intermediate level
- Proficiency is Spanish required and fluency in English highly regarded.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Design, deliver and assess assigned LED training according to the needs identified in the various sections of fleet maintenance department.
- Design, deliver and assess On the Job training according to the needs identified in the various electrical sections of fleet maintenance department.
- Comply with local electrical safety requirements
- Adhere to safe working procedures for all work areas.
- Carry out the records and follow-up actions of the trainings plans assigned by using the learning management tools provided by the company.
- Track development and measure knowledge gaps of electrical maintenance artisans
- Prepare the necessary content (presentations, student manuals, assessments, observation lists) for the delivery of the training.
- Ensure the efficient use of the resources provided by the company.
- Prepare the report of training activities performed.
- Provide mentoring to the artisans, allowing the conservation and dissemination of the company's values.
- Provide technical support to maintenance departments
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.