At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Machinist Welder is responsible for carrying out lineboring tasks, using the equipment, accessories and tools for this purpose; Additionally, they must know how to read drawings, machining symbols, alignment, adjustments and tolerances.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Line boring experience on Earthmoving machines used in construction/Civil works is required
- Non-destructive testing, dye penetrant testing for cracks highly regarded.
- Comply with the work procedures proposed for lineboring of mining components
- Know the use and working parameters of portable equipment such as hydraulic Lineboring equipment, electric lineboring equipment, magnetic drill, grinding machine, motortool, oxyacetylene cutting equipment, bore-welder.
- Operate machine tools for the reconstruction and manufacture of parts of industrial machinery.
- Operate Portable Bore welder equipment for the reconstruction of component housings for mining equipment.
- Driving license.
- Ability to apply advanced trades mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, and fractions). Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications,
- Other functions inherent to the area assigned by his immediate supervisor under the criteria of Safety, Quality and Productivity.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Respect compliance with equipment and tool inspections according to the established schedule.
- Carry out work of alignment and lineboring with high quality commitment.
- Apply the adjustments, surface finishes and tolerances in the lineboring tasks for mining components and industrial machinery.
- Carrying out facing and grooving tasks through the use of portable lineboring equipment
- Carry out the measurement of direct and indirect linear magnitudes and angular magnitudes with analog and digital measuring instruments.
- Use of manual tools to make layouts, surface control, sawing, filing, manual threading and reaming.
- Knowledge in Blueprint Reading, machining symbols
- Knowledge in carrying out NDT tests (VT, PT).
- Experience in the use of measurement equipment such as Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, goniometer, precision levels, surface roughness gauges
- Subjection to quality controls in the work they carry out according to national and international technical standards implemented in the workshop.
- Keep your workplace clean and in good condition.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct in accordance with the provisions of the company's Internal Work Regulations.
- Punctuality at work, constant improvement, respect towards co-workers, is responsible for outstanding tasks within the project.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and paperwork/technical reports related to work performed.
- Communicate work order revisions, material delays, or other issues to supervisor and await further instructions.
- Provide support and communications to the supervisor in the optimization of operations and maximum availability of equipment.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by Supervisor or Shift Foreman.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.