At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The purpose of this role is to coordinate and provide services and support on Rotables activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
To manage, monitor and ensure timely and safe transportation/shipment of the “Rotables” components of Cobre Panama from the warehouses to the designated and appointed service providers; follows up on the repair and redelivery of the repaired components back to the warehouses to allow timely execution of respective maintenance tasks and maintaining of stock level.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical or relevant discipline is preferable.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in maintenance, preferably reliability maintenance within mining industry.
- Project Management certificate or experience is a plus
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Experience in the use of JDE is desirable.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated and self-starter
- Solid understanding of naming conventions and taxonomy fundamentals.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Assist in Identifying components to be classified as rotables or repairable within the JD Edwards
- Ensures system updates are done in a timely manner.
- Responsible for processing rotables & repairable components & equipment within the JD Edwards system.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on availability & requirements of rotables & repairable components.
- Liaise with offsite engineers either internal or external of OT on repair requirements & progress of rotables & repairable components.
- Ensures processes & procedures are followed within the area of responsibility to support the rotables process
- Provide input for process improvement
- Work actively with your team leaders on a daily basis.
- Support multiple projects throughout the company.
- Manages own career by being accountable for one’s behaviour, performance & development.
- Supports the application of process, practices & systems to achieve individual & organisation results through collaboration.
- Develop and maintain the Rotables data base- prepare and own reports to show Performance indicators as per request as requested by Materials Management leadership team
- Any other activity requested by the management.
Behavioral Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Coordinated presence in other Cobre Panama locations and office will be required. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.