At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The inventory planner is responsible for demand management and inventory planning of specific stock lines. The Inventory planner coordinates the flow of work and materials to meet requirements while optimizing inventory levels. The planner will reflect demand changes in the planning systems to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs and ensure accuracy in inventory records. The inventory planner will also look at the demand patterns, its deviations and actionize in timely manner.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in BA, Statistics, IT, supply chain, finance, Engineering degree or equivalent with combination of training and experience.
- +5 years of experience on inventory control
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, ORACLE, MS Dynamics, particularly JD Edwards would be beneficial)
- CIPS , APICS certification would be beneficial
- SQL or BI experience would be a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in Spanish is required and proficiency in English highly regarded. A willingness to undertake language training desirable
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Identify master files updates and work along with the inventory data team for uploads in the system.
- With guidance from Coordinator develop inventory management plans to support end user requirements including but not limited to forecasts, reorder points, MOQ, EOQ etc.
- Analyse data and collaborate with Coordinator to determine and apply appropriate replenishment.
- Identify current and potential product shortages.
- Optimizing Inventory Aging: slow movers, inactive and obsoletes.
- Release purchase requisitions based on material requirements planning
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy; investigate & reconcile discrepancies & negatives.
- Manage cycle counts, key participant in annual physical inventory.
- Works with end users to develop SOPs.
- Responsible for KPI reporting.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Perform other related duties.
Behavioral Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.