At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Reporting into the Coordinator, Moly, the Supervisor Moly is responsible for the installation, management, safe operation and maintenance of equipment associated with the Molybdenum circuit in the flotation area, machinery and processes in a world class operating plant.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or related Trade Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in maintenance operations in heavy industry.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership/supervisory experience.
- Significant experience in a large, complex base metals processing plant.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance management systems.
- Excellent leadership, motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and understand equipment requirements.
- Strong understanding of maintenance process improvement and control strategies.
- Sound knowledge of Supervision, asset care, optimization and hazard control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to provide clear and accurate operational directions to team.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or other enterprise systems
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in Spanish is required with English language competency highly regarded.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
- Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures.
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Oversee and employ best practise maintenance techniques and procedures for the maintenance and optimum performance of the molybdenum circuit process including associated equipment.
- Undertake daily corrective actions through formal workplace inspections.
- Supervise and participate in the execution of maintenance plans in the Process Plant.
- Ensure all preventive and predictive maintenance plans are planned and scheduled via a computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure update of the database of maintenance activities of work performed.
- Provide reports on maintenance activities and equipment performance.
- Develop methods, materials, tools and parts so downtime is minimal.
- Monitor and report on component wear and tear.
- Supervise and provide practical hands-on, technical and supervisory support for maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
- Review and report to Superintendent on plant design deficiencies and equipment performance constantly seek efficiency/operability improvements.
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
- Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, providing feedback and coaching to achieve business plans and production goals.
- Identify training opportunities that will provide depth and versatility for employees in the team.
- Coach and mentor subordinate staff through skills transfer.
- Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of a solid working relationship with all employees.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.