At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The Planner ensures that preventative maintenance master data is kept up to date, and that all corrective maintenance activities are properly planned, so that work is completed on a weekly basis in a safe, efficient, and repeatable manner.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Trade Certificate (as relevant).
- Minimum of five (5) years in the mining or heavy industry or processing plant with strong working knowledge of Maintenance Planning and CMMS.
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification is desirable.
- Advanced skills, MS Office Suite, Business Intelligence tools like Power BI
- Fluency in Spanish and competency in English highly regarded. A willingness to undertake language training is desirable.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Set up planning, reliability and design functions for plant maintenance.
- Assist with the implementation of JDE CMMS module and creating a maintenance strategy for the metallurgical process plant.
- Daily integration with Plant Supervisors/ Superintendents
- Work with Supervisors and Superintendents (Planning, Engineering & Plant) to ensure that plant equipment of a metallurgical process plant is maintained according to SOPs (and that all machinery/ equipment is maintained according to supplier recommendation and industry best practices) by providing adequate work planning.
- Ensure that all plant preventive and predictive maintenance plans are appropriate for the operation's needs, and that activities are planned and scheduled using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Order parts/services, obtain quotes and create specifications as required, to ensure quality assurance and allow for future warranty considerations.
- Provide technical support for the mechanical maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
- KPI reporting / publishing to Leadership and the broader network
- Provide input to weekly, Monthly and Yearly look ahead plan
- Improve work plans on a regular basis based on feedback from field supervisors and superintendents, such as developing PM tasks and a bill of materials.
- Participate in shutdown planning to maximize plant availability while reducing contractor resources and ensuring that in-house resources are fully utilized.
- Participate to shutdown execution by supervising some of the tasks on own area of responsibility
- Data from on execution times should be collected and reported.
- Evaluate plant performance to identify and initiate development opportunities
- Review plant design for debottlenecks and efficiency/ operability improvement and provide financial justification for related capital projects. Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of a solid working relationship with all employees.
- Control, report, and help cut down on operational expenses.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.