At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The Foreman supervises daily operational activities which include oversight of plant maintenance. They will provide technical leadership while creating a strong quality driven integrity guaranteeing fully compliance with regulations and best engineering practices.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- BSc/BEng degree in an engineering discipline or related Trade Certificate.
- 3+ years plant maintenance experience
- Pervious supervisory experience required
- Ability to establish effective and diverse working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, develop action plans, and make decisions to resolve.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral work instructions and work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, and prepare accurate records related to the position.
- Must be able to complete pre-shift inspections and develop actions related to such.
- Must be able to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and read and interpret gauges, ratios, and read various equipment operation manuals.
- Must have base competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including methods, materials, tools, and operation standards related to working in a mining environment.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
- Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions.
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
- Work as a consultant leader providing superior technical knowledge to technicians ensuring tasks are executed and completed in a safe and timely manner, and to the optimum level of quality expected.
- Provide team with leadership, information and technical direction required to ensure Maintenance is undertaken in a time efficient manner ensuring equipment reliability and plant availability is optimised.
- Use superior fault finding analytics to ensure reduce reaction and downtime for optimum production.
- Ensure that scheduled requirements are communicated, committed to and achieved using good engineering practices.
- Determine priority works and resource requirements within planned and unplanned tasks.
- Inspect applicable installations as well as supplying QA/QC on all work completed.
- Ensures operational expectations are met through equipment availability.
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Provide technical and supervisory support for the maintenance team.
- Support the development of technicians through formal and informal training, coaching and mentoring.
- Confirm quality execution are in the fore front of every task performed by the team.
- Ensure standardized work take place across the Gold plant.
- Monitor and report on the performance of equipment to identify and initiate development opportunities.
- Assist and/or carry out logistical activities, such as transportation and/or driving of vehicles, personnel, materials, equipment and supplies to and from work areas, camps and other company facilities, as required by the supervisor.
- Provide clear work objectives and expectations of the performance levels required to achieve business plans and production goals.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things.
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.