At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The compliance officer will perform the audit and permit management that are required during the E2E supply chain of CONAPRED monitored and controlled substances.
They are in charge of reporting in front of Government authority of the management of CONAPRED substances.
They work with environment, safety and security departments in order ensure compliance within CONAPRED regulations.
All this activities are to ensure Minera Panama CONAPRED licence continuity to operate in country
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Partial studies at BA, Logistics and Supply Chain, industrial Engineering, or Chemistry or any related field.
- Proficiency on MS tools.
- Knowledge of ERP is desirable.
- 2+ year experience in audit processes of Inventory control and warehousing, preferably with Chemical knowledge
- Knowledge of national regulations is a plus
- Experienced on industrial, manufacturing/ production environment is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Support daily inventory control activities related to CONAPRED items: master data, inventory transfers, inventory conciliations.
- Coordinate CONAPRED permit with Chemical regent for controlled and monitored substances and liaise with relevant departments to ensure compliance
- Monitor storage areas availability and CONAPRED compliance.
- Perform monthly stock takes of CONAPRED items at approved storage locations
- Report monthly consumption of controlled and monitored substances to CONAPRED.
- Safekeeping of all keys and support documentation of approved storage locations.
- Register all receiving and issuing transactions of CONAPRED substances
- Report any non-compliance to responsible Department in regards with the CONAPRED law
- To assist and support supervisors in all the site activities related to the CONAPRED SOP manual.
- To assist supervisors during safety meeting, toolbox and informative sessions about CONAPRED material handling.
- Perform audit and inspections during the E2E process and at CONAPRED storage locations, investigate deviations and guarantee a proper follow up of corrective actions until its finalization.
- To supervise periodically the compliance of the normative provided by the government entity.
- To supervise CONAPRED SOP compliance by supply chain and users
- Review, design and refresh CONAPRED SOP
- Execute random inspections of the CONAPRED storage points.
- To present the monthly report to the chemical regent and the CONAPRED.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Implement FQM Way culture in the Control Room team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, and Together."
Behavioral Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.